- Cytoplan’s Bone Support formula provides Wholefood calcium, an organic multi-mineral seaweed product. Calcium is needed for the maintenance of normal bones. Calcium helps to reduce the loss of bone mineral in post-menopausal women. Low bone mineral density is a risk factor for osteoporotic bone fractures.
- 70% of the body’s magnesium is stored in bone. As magnesium is also needed for the maintenance of normal bone, it is also included in this supplement. Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function and protein synthesis, also relevant here.
- Vitamin D is most commonly associated with its role in bone support – it contributes to normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus, and thus the maintenance of normal bones. Cytoplan use vitamin D3 in their supplements as it is the most bioavailable form of this nutrient. Their vitamin D3 is from lichen and therefore suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Vitamin K is included as K2 (MK-7) – it is an important co-factor to proteins which are essential for the bone building process. Vitamin K contributes to the maintenance of normal bones. It is also important to supplement alongside vitamin D to ensure that calcium is deposited in bone rather than soft tissues.
- Boron has been included in this product as it is an important trace mineral involved in the growth and maintenance of bone. It has a role in the body’s use of vitamin D and magnesium absorption.
Suggested Intake: 1-2 capsules daily as a food supplement, or as directed by your practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. The product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
Suitable for: Vegetarians and Vegans
Non GM & Free From: GMO, gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings