- Our Cacao Nibs are deliciously chocolatey but Low in sugar.
- High in Magnesium: Cacao is one of the top 10 Magnesium rich foods. Magnesium relaxes muscles and strengthens bones and improves circulation. Our Nibs and Beans are high in this mineral. 35g serving provides 25% of the RDA. (This means about 20 Beans)
- Source of Potassium: This mineral is essential to the function of the nervous system, muscle function and maintenance of normal blood pressure.
- Also contains feel good phyto-nutrients.
- Cacao makes an excellent supplement for women during the monthly cycle, as it is high in Magnesium it can relieve muscle cramps, and a source of Iron is good for the blood. It is also favoured by Athletes, for muscle recovery, and energy.
- It makes an excellent healthy treat for both children and adults.
How to use:
Natural Chocolate is simple and easy to make.
The Chocolate ingredients must be handled carefully, the Cacao Butter must be melted over a bowl of boiling water. When the butter has liquefied, the dry ingredients can be stirred in.
Firstly add flavourings such as vanilla powder, then Cacao powder, then sweetener such as Agave Syrup.
The chocolate is still runny at this stage so must be poured into moulds before it sets. The moulds can be put in a freezer to set for 20 minutes, then the chocolate easily pops out of the mould.
- Cacao has a wonderful light heavenly aroma, and slightly bitter sweet chocolate taste, it can be enjoyed in its pure intense form or it can be sweetened with a naturally sweet super-foods such as coconut blossom nectar, fruit powders, dried fruit, dried berries, agave nectar, honey, or the herbal sugar free sweetener Stevia.
- All our Raw Organic Cacao ingredients can be used to make raw smoothies, raw chocolate bars, raw chocolate cakes and desserts. The nibs can be added to muesli, yogurts, cereals, trail mix and flapjacks, for a delicious super-nutritious addition.
Daily serving: Use as required.
Quality and Manufacture:
- Certified Organic by The Organic Food Federation.
- Produced to GMP standards
- Quality Assured by Indigo Herbs
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Re-sealable air tight, foil pouch
- 100% pure botanical ingredients, absolutely nothing added.
Indigo Herbs Organic Raw Cacao NIbs come from cacao beans grown in rich and fertile soil that adheres to the strictest of organic standards. The cacao pods are hand harvested and after harvesting and fermentation has completed, the beans are spread out on the ground and allowed to dry under the sun. Once fully dried, the cacao beans are carefully cleaned and sorted to remove any poor quality beans, and passed over magnets to remove even the smallest impurities. They are dehydrated as a heat-free alternative to roasting, then winnowed to separate the beans from the husks and finally roughly broken into small crunchy Cacao Nibs.
*Much like coffee, raw cacao acts as a stimulant, which at the least can negatively affect sleep and at worst may agitate kidneys.*