Why is Vitamin C so vital to your well-being?
There‚ is one nutrient that is clearly the “grandfather” of the traditional antioxidants we know of. And its potential health benefits are really quite astonishing. As a formidable antioxidant, this nutrient is:
- It is a major “electron donor” in your body’s battle against oxidation
- Helps maintain optimal electron flow in your cells
- Can help protect vital molecular elements in your body such as proteins and lipids
This nutrient is also required for the synthesis of something called collagen, an important structural component of blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and bone. In addition to its potent antioxidant and synthesis of collagen benefits, scientific research has also shown other ways this nutrient can play an important role in your overall health, by potentially :-
- Supporting your heart health
- Helps promote blood pressure levels that are already within the normal range
- Helps promote blood vessel and arterial vitality
- Aids in healthy eye support
- Helps promote healthy uric acid metabolism
- Boosts other antioxidants (in this case, vitamin E)
Why use Liposomal Vitamin C over normal Vitamin C?
There’s a major problem with traditional oral vitamin C as it just does not have the bioavailability advantages of liposomal technology as only a small percentage of the vitamin C actually gets absorbed into your body (estimated at only 20% absorption). This means that you sometimes can’t take as much vitamin C as you would like because it could cause digestive issues.
Dr Mercola’s Liposomal Vitamin C tablets contain coated molecules that can be more readily absorbed. With a portion of the vitamin C being encapsulated by liposomes formed in the gut, these molecules are more easily able to slip through the cell walls, increasing gut absorption. Ordinary Vitamin C tablets can potentially cause gastrointestinal distress as traditional vitamin C are typically not well tolerated in high doses. That’s one of the reasons why Liposomal Vitamin C was created.
Dr Mercola’s Liposomal Vitamin C:
- Uses liposomal absorption – due to bioavailability and gastrointestinal protection advantages.
- Contains a higher dosage than traditional oral vitamin C – Dr Mercola favours a higher dosage because when liposomes are formed in the stomach, you have a greater chance of absorbing more vitamin C than with the traditional oral means.
- Includes a non-soy emulsifier – An emulsifier is necessary to keep the vitamin C solution contents from separating. Many manufacturers use soy lecithin as an emulsifier. Soy is a phytohormone which means that although it is derived from a plant, it can manifest itself with hormonal properties.
- Contain high-quality pure ingredients – regardless of the ingredients in the vitamin C formula it cannot be emphasised enough how the ingredients must be of the purest form available.
- Be produced by a high-quality manufacturer – this criterion is always on the checklist and the Mercola team refuse to settle for a second-rate manufacturer where production quality issues might cause inconsistencies that could compromise the formula.
An Innovative Sealing Technology Designed and Tested Over 15 Years
Liposomal Vitamin C is delivered using a “Licaps” capsule instead of a softgel or caplique. Licaps use innovative “Fusion Technology” to seal the capsule without the use of banding. This extraordinary liquid capsule technology can provide many beneficial advantages over others because it:-
- Reduces oxidation potential by flushing the liquid formulation with nitrogen during the capsule-filling process – creates a “freshness bubble”
- Ensures two-piece capsules are hermetically sealed to significantly reduce the potential for leakage – yields a precisely tight, one-piece capsule
- Enhances shelf-life through exemplary filling and sealing processes
The bottom line with Licaps is the possibility of leakage is virtually reduced to zero.
An Extraordinary Way to Complement Your Dietary Vitamin C Needs
Liposomal Vitamin C is an excellent and practical way to complement your healthful diet with high-quality vitamin C. Here is a quick summary of why this formula is so extraordinary and one which is highly recommended, because it:-
- Delivers liposomal vitamin C which is transported across the membranes of your gut into the bloodstream and then into cells where this powerful antioxidant is needed. In lab studies using a technique to measure liposomes called dynamic light scattering, on average more than 50% of the product formed liposome sized particles under controlled lab conditions. We repeated these studies at a number of independent testing labs
- Incorporates phospholipids to help protect your cell membranes and aid in the formation of liposomes in the stomach
- Utilises liposomal technology for higher-bio-availability potential and protection against occasional intestinal discomfort
- Provides a higher availability than traditional oral vitamin C
- Includes a sunflower lecithin emulsifier, thereby totally avoiding a soy-based one
- Delivers vitamin C in a high-quality, tightly-sealed Licaps capsule that may be superior to other oral delivery systems in terms of leakage protection
- Comes from a world-leading quality manufacturer with over a century of experience and innovative delivery technologies
- Provides a more practical and effective way to complement your diet with vitamin C than traditional oral C