So what makes the Fermented Chlorella formula so special? It really is quite simple. This supplement clearly stands out because it…
- Is highly-digestible due to soft and thin chlorella cell membranes
- Provides a nutritious source of chlorophyll
- Avoids potentially risky levels of heavy metals and other contaminants
- Goes through an exclusive cultivation process that allows year-round production
Chlorella – The Perfect Food?
Chlorella is a single-cell fresh water algae, often referred to as a near-perfect food with a wide array of potential health benefits.
Chlorella often receives this superfood connotation because of its well-balanced ratios of proteins, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Chlorella is about two-thirds protein and approximately one-eighth Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF). CGF is exclusive to chlorella and not readily found in other vitamins or foods.
In addition to the overall nutrition, chlorella can also enhance your health by how it potentially….
- Helps maintain blood sugar levels already in the normal range
- Helps support normal liver function
- Helps maintain blood pressure levels already in the normal range
Now, you could try and find raw chlorella to consume. But it’s not something recommended – finding a high-quality chlorella supplement is a much more practical way to go in this case.
The key here is “high-quality.” And that’s where Fermented Chlorella comes into play.
Why the Cell Walls Are Key
One of the main challenges with being able to take advantage of chlorella’s nutrition involves the plant’s cell wall. Chlorella’s cell walls tend to be quite thick and tough which can cause issues with digestibility. To get the optimal benefits from chlorella, the cell wall needs to be weakened or broken for higher bio-availability potential.
One way to accomplish this is by using a specific process that breaks open the plant’s cell wall to help unlock chlorella’s nutritional bounty. But this comes with a caveat. It is possible to damage chlorella’s nutrients in the process. If you choose broken cell wall chlorella, make sure you get it from a high-quality manufacturer that doesn’t damage the nutrients.
With Mercola’s Fermented Chlorella, this type of process is not an issue because of the ingenious cultivation and drying processes the chlorella goes through.
Indoor vs. Outdoor Cultivation
A special variety of chlorella (Vulgaris sp.) is used in Dr Mercola’s Fermented Chlorella, which is the net result of an advanced cultivation method. This closed tank cultivation method provides many advantages because:-
- Chlorella is kept clean because it is under strictly sterilised and controlled systems from the start to the end of processing
- High-quality chlorella can be consistently produced throughout the year regardless of the season
- Production yields of chlorella are reliably high
This may all seem too good to be true. You may even be wondering how the high-quality chlorella can be produced year around despite inclement weather? This is achieved because all of the growth, cultivation, and other processing are all done inside in a controlled environment.
Plus, since the chlorella is cultivated in a sterilised environment, the risk of heavy metal and other toxin contamination is significantly reduced. This also allows the chlorella to have soft and thin cell membranes because extra protection from outside toxins is not needed.
Not All Chlorella Supplements Are Created Equal
When searching out the highest quality fermented chlorella possible, the Mercola team ran into many challenges as not all producers of chlorella necessarily…
- Have a good handle on bio-availability of their chlorella formula
- Take advantage of sterilised cultivation (preferably indoors) to reduce heavy metal and toxin infiltration