Verify Your Children’s Multivitamin Is Produced by a Certified High-Quality Manufacturer
You can start to feel good if your children’s multivitamin avoids risky ingredients and includes those as recommend by Dr Mercola. But if the multi is not made by a manufacturer committed to proven high-quality processes and practices, how consistent will it be for your children?
So, make sure your multivitamin manufacturer is highly certified and adheres to strict quality practices:-
- Ensures top-quality raw materials used in the product – Vendor Certification Program (VCP)
- Complies with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) – written Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Maintains the highest health standards – GMP certification
- Supports the highest level of manufacturing quality standards – ISO 9001 certification
- Complies with a rigorous third-party certification of in-house lab performance – ISO 17025 certification
- Ensures finished products meet and exceed quality standards, adherence to United States Pharmacopeia (USP30) specifications
Make sure that a Multi-Vitamin for your children meets these criteria when selecting:
If your kids’ multivitamin doesn’t match up well with this, please keep searching. I’m sure you agree that settling for 2nd best is not an option for your children.
|Multivitamin Selection Criteria||
|Must taste good but contain less than 1g of sugar per serving — chewable form is recommended||Keeps sugar to a minimum and avoids artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup|
|Avoid artificial flavours, food additives, hydrogenated oils, magnesium stearate, and synthetic dyes||Keeps your kids from being exposed to these risky, unhealthy ingredients|
|Choose a multivitamin without iron||Protects your kids from potential iron toxicity|
|Make sure the formula is free from allergens||Helps minimise allergic reactions from your kids when they take the multivitamin|
|Ensure the multivitamin comes rich in essential minerals and trace minerals: calcium, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, molybdenum, boron, and vanadium… and look for chelated mineral forms (will show as amino acid chelates) in the formula||Don’t stop with just vitamin ingredients. Your kids need minerals for everything from healthy bone growth to heart and immune system support.
Chelated forms provide your kids with highly absorbable forms of specific minerals.
|Contains beta-carotene form of vitamin A||Essential to support your children’s healthy vision and immune systems|
|Contains 100% Daily Value (DV) of B complex vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, B6, folate (Metafolin), and B12)||Important for your kids’ heart, teeth, bones, skin, gastrointestinal system, and overall cellular health|
|Comes with optimal amount of Vitamin C ‚Äì Mercola Recommends over 400% of DV||Promotes tissue growth and repair, and healthy gums for your children|
|Includes non-synthetic vitamin E (look for d-alpha forms of tocopherols)||Helps support your children’s healthy muscular systems|
|Ensure the multivitamin is produced by a certified high-quality manufacturer who carefully balances desirable taste with generous amounts of vitamins and minerals||Helps guarantee consistent nutrient quality for your children
Now with a Superior Form of Folic Acid to help your Child Stay Healthy
Folic acid plays many important roles in your child’s body. We know that folic acid:
- Helps maintain normal blood homocysteine levels
- Helps nourish the brain and supports mood
- Supports protein metabolism
- Supports energy production
- Promotes normal formation and functioning of red and white blood cells
However, for folic acid to work effectively, it must be activated into L-5-MTHF. This is a form of folic acid that your child’s body is most able to use, and that is also able to cross the blood-brain barrier to carry out important brain functions. That’s why Dr Mercola have upgraded their B9 from folic acid to folate, specifically Metafolin, a patented form of 5-MTHF. Metafolin is the form of folate that’s preferred by your child’s body. It is also:
- More reliably bioavailable and biologically active than folic acid
- The only folate that can cross the blood-brain barrier