Healthy blood pressure is one of the key measures of a healthy heart, so your blood pressure is vitally important. Blood pressure is a measure of the force against the walls of your arteries in response to the pumping of your heart. The amount of blood being pumped and the flexibility of your arteries both influence that force. Your blood pressure can rise when your arteries contain a large amount of blood or your arteries lose some of their flexibility.
The extract in this Mercola Blood Pressure Support is based on actual clinical studies, unlike other formulas from companies who borrow the studies to make their product appear better than it might actually be. The ingredients are taken from the best stocks to ensure the product is the best on the market.
Grapes; bursting with polyphenols that support heart health
One fruit in particular, grapes, have been valued for their medical and nutritional qualities since the ancient days. Greek philosophers praised the healing power of grapes, European folk healers used the sap of grapevines to make a special ointment and healers and doctors used grape leaves and grapes, both unripe and ripe, for a wide range of conditions.
The problem with grapes for most people is that they are high in fructose, which can worsen insulin and leptin resistance. Not to worry as grape seed can be used, one of the richest sources of polyphenols.
Over the years, researchers have found a way to isolate the polyphenols in grape seeds, in a special mixture called grape seed extract.
What’s All the Buzz About Grape Seed Extract?
Grape Seed Extract has been the focus of much animal and human research over the last couple of decades. Researchers have discovered that grape seed extract increases levels of antioxidants in your blood. Antioxidants are substances that neutralise free radicals, those potentially harmful compounds in your body that can damage your DNA and destroy cells. But scientists have found that grape seed extract can do much more.
Through research, grape seed extract is racking up a long-list of potential benefits for helping to support your:
- Cardiovascular health, including healthy blood pressure already in the normal range
- Healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range
- Healthy blood sugar levels already in the normal range
- Mental sharpness as you age
- Healthy, normal leg circulation
- Normal cellular growth and development
- Bone formation and strength
- Normal wound healing
- Normal inflammatory response
- Night vision
- Healthy teeth
- Youthful-looking skin
The Problem With Many Grape Seed Extracts
Not all grape seed extracts are the same, nor can you expect the same potential benefits from every grape seed extract. This is because:
- Bioavailability – Just like some other naturally occurring phytonutrients, the polyphenols in regular grape seed extract can be a challenge for your body to absorb and utilise.
- Polyphenol content – Not all formulas are standardised to contain a specified amount of polyphenol or active ingredient.
- Processing methods – Harsh processing methods can destroy fragile active compounds and leave behind chemical residues.
So, Dr Mercola’s Blood Pressure Support was created to access all of the potential benefits of grape seed extracts and is unlike any other grape seed extract available today. Manufactured for Mercola by Polyphenolics, Blood Pressure Support contains MegaNatural-BP which is a patented grape seed extract with clinically researched benefits
Two placebo-controlled human clinical trials conducted by researchers at the Department of Preventative Cardiology at the University of California, Davis School of Medicine have made two exciting discoveries about this unique extract:
- It helps support healthy blood pressure levels already within the normal range
- It helps support endothelial function by maintaining healthy nitric oxide levels that are within the normal range, which helps support healthy vasodilation and blood flow
It is important to note that no other grape seed extract can make these claims without clinical studies, as the MegaNatural-BP in Mercola’s Blood Pressure Support has its own unique structure and composition.
Patented Process Concentrates Natural Compounds for More Potential Heart Health Benefits
Located in the heart of California’s Central Valley lies the best-kept secret in wine making – Madeira County, one of the oldest grape-growing regions in America, this is the home of the grapes used in Mercola Blood Pressure Support.
Multiple factors come together here to make Blood Pressure Support unlike any other grape seed extract. From the grape varietals chosen, to the time of harvest, to the patented extraction technique, the expertise that goes into making the grape seed extract in Blood Pressure Support is nothing but top notch.
Truly a science-driven organisation, Polyphenolics can proudly proclaim these benefits of their grape seed extract:
- Clinically researched – This formula is backed by two placebo-controlled human trials showing it supports blood pressure already within the normal range. Plus, research shows that ordinary grape seed extract does NOT have this same effect
- Greater activity – Identifies and “captures” the most beneficial molecular structures that provides 90 to 95% total polyphenols – the biologically active constituents.
- Improved bioavailability – Because this grape seed is selectively extracted for its beneficial polyphenols, you get greater absorption and bioavailability compared to other grape seed extracts.
- Sustainable and environmentally friendly industry – It’s a perfect combination: The juice from the grapes is used to make wine, and the unfermented grape seeds are used for their unique grape seed extract.
- Non-toxic and free of harsh chemicals – Every batch is rigorously tested for heavy metals, pesticides and microbiological contaminants to ensure purity and safety, something that many less costly imports cannot always claim.
- No Solvents are used in extraction– many extracts use harsh synthetic solvents to help generate a larger yield when extracting compounds from plants. The process used to extract Mercola grape seed extract is gentle and uses only water, ensuring the beneficial compounds stay intact and avoiding the possibility of any residual solvent being left in the final product.
- Free of Magnesium Stearate– A non-nutritive processing aid used in manufacturing to help the powder flow freely through the encapsulating machine, the majority of grape seed extract products on the market contain this ingredient. Why would you want a product with a processing aid that itself could theoretically affect your blood pressure?
- Maintains total control over entire manufacturing process – From raw material procurement to final extraction, manufacturer maintains a watchful eye to ensure quality and consistency of end product.