- Cytoplan Wholefood GTF Chromium is better absorbed and longer retained than isolated chromium
- The dietary (natural) form of chromium is trivalent chromium, which has very low toxicity. Wholefood Chromium is trivalent
- Chromium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels
- Organic Chromium is an active ingredient of a substance called GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor). GTF is now being recognised as important in carbohydrate metabolism. It stimulates the activity of enzymes involved in the metabolism of glucose for energy and the synthesis of fatty acids and cholesterol. When Chromium levels are low in the body, GTF levels are low too and the activity of insulin is blocked, blood glucose levels therefore remain elevated
- Contributes to normal macro nutrient metabolism
- Chromium provides a role in the maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations
- Cytoplan Wholefood GTF Chromium supplement is made from a species of brassica (the broccoli family) that has been hydroponically grown in a chromium rich environment. As such it is a wholefood form of the mineral with high bio-availability
Suggested intake: 1 to 2 capsules daily.
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Contraindications: None, although insulin dependant diabetics are advised to seek medical advice before supplementing with GTF chromium, as the supplement might alter their insulin requirements.
Free from: Wheat; starch, gluten; dairy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.