- Five billion live viable colonies of Saccharomyces Boulardii per capsule.
- The Saccharomyces Boulardii in this supplement will survive the challenges of stomach acid and bile in the human GI tract.
- Cytoplan’s Saccharomyces Boulardii undergoes ‘lyophilisation’ – a form of freeze-drying which allows the supplement to be shelf-stable so that refrigeration is not necessary. It is also antibiotic resistant.
- Saccharomyces Boulardii is a non-systemic, i.e. It does not colonise the intestinal tract.
- Saccharomyces Boulardii has a wealth of research data supporting its use in gastro intestinal conditions.
- A unique, natural and safe microorganism which has evolved in the human food chain since ancestral times has been used worldwide as a food supplement for more than half a century.
Further information on the mechanism of action of Saccharomyces Boulardii for health professionals:
- Provides the intestines with support against a broad array of pathogens that include bacterial infections, and yeast infections such as Candida albicans.
- Saccharomyces boulardii is itself a yeast, but one with probiotic potential which has displayed anti-Candida properties in relevant research studies.
- S. boulardii has been shown to inhibit populations of Candida and deter them from establishing in the intestines. It may also help to reduce the risk of Candida yeasts migrating from the digestive tract.
- It’s thought that these effects occur because S. boulardii induces caprylic acid, an antifungal substance which is effective against Candida yeasts.
Suggested Intake: One capsule daily.
For those Travelling: Start taking Saccharomyces Boulardii for at least 7 days prior to the start of your journey. During travel take the recommended daily amount, and continue to do so for at least 7 days following the end of your travels.