Pregna-Plan comprises all of the most appropriate vitamins and minerals necessary for women and baby during preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding. This includes the current UK Government recommendations comprising Folic Acid and Vitamin D. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Folic Acid as Methylfolate – Folic Acid/Folate contributes to normal maternal tissue growth during pregnancy and supplemental folate intake increases maternal folate status. Increasing maternal folate status contributes to the reduction of the risk of NTD’s (Neural Tube Defects)
- Vitamin D is needed for the normal growth and development of bone in children; Vitamin D3 is the most bioavailable form of this nutrient and Pregna-Plan contains vitamin D3 at 30¬µg per 2 tablets
- Maintaining good levels of the mineral iron are important for women during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Iron is essential for the foetus and new born baby too with iron particularly needed for development of normal cognitive function
- The mineral calcium is in great demand during pregnancy. Intestinal absorption of calcium doubles early in pregnancy, and the mineral is stored in the mother’s bones. Later, as the foetus begins to develop, the mother’s stores are drawn upon. Calcium is essential for making the baby’s bones and teeth
- Magnesium aids bone growth and is necessary for the proper functioning of muscles
- The mineral iodine helps make the thyroid hormones. Suitable iodine levels are important in preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding as the nutrient supports the baby’s future neural development
- Pregna-Plan contains all eight of the important B-Complex vitamins plus PABA; B6 vitamin Pyridoxine contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity. Vitamin B12 contributes in the process of cell division. Both vitamins B12 and B6 are needed for the production of red blood cells during pregnancy
- Selenium is a mineral that plays an important role in our immune system‚Äôs function and the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- The functions of Zinc include growth and human development, the healthy functioning of the immune system, and Zinc Contributes to normal fertility and reproduction
- Vitamin C is always important in its protective capacity, the vitamin protects cells and helps keep them healthy
- Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Pregna-Plan contains 3mg of Beta Carotene (as Vitamin A) per 2 tablets. The Retinol (A1) form of vitamin A should be avoided in pregnancy and this is the recommendation of the NHS. Beta Carotene is considered safer than taking vitamin A because the body only converts the amount it needs at any point in time
- Vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting and the maintenance of normal bones. Pregna-Plan contains 60¬µg of Vitamin K per 2 tablets, in the form of Vitamin K1
Suggested Intake: Take 2 tablets daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Non GM & Free From: Wheat; starch, gluten; lactose; soy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.